Marc Cabanne, D.O.Neuro Surgeon
I am a new neurosurgeon in your community, and it is my hope that we may work together to provide quality care for your neurosurgical needs. My training includes a residency in Neurological Surgery at Riverside University Health System in Southern California and a fellowship in Complex Spine Surgery at Kaiser Permanente Oakland.
I chose to establish my practice in the Sacramento region due to my strong family roots in the area. This decision is intertwined with one of my most important philosophies toward patient care, "Treat my patients like I would my own family."
I firmly believe in a holistic approach toward each individual patient, and my goal is to empower people to make educated decisions regarding spine and brain diseases. I focus on educating patients as much as possible, while also providing surgical and non-surgical treatment options. In addition, I employ a multi-disciplinary team approach with input from primary care physicians, orthopedic spine surgeons, physical therapists and pain specialists in an effort to provide comprehensive care.
If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, please contact me. I am currently accepting new patients, and I look forward to working with you to provide the best treatment possible.
- A Rare Case of Intracranial Teratocarcinosarcoma: Case Report and Review of Literature.Elia CJ, Cabanne M, Piao Z, Lee A, Goldenberg T, Chhabra V.
Surg Neurol Int. 2018 Aug 14;9:167. doi: 10.4103/sni.sni_54_18. eCollection 2018.
- Markedly Improved Success Rate of Endoscopically Assisted Third Ventriculostomy Is Achieved by Routine Placement of External Lumbar Drain. Watkins J, Cabanne M, Miulli D. J Neurol Surg Rep. 2017 Apr; 78(2):e71-e76. doi: 10.1055/s-0037-1600915.
- A rare case of pharyngeal perforation and expectoration of an entire anterior cervical fixation construct.Quadri SA, Capua J, Ramakrishnan V, Sweiss R, Cabanne M, Noel J, Fiani B, Siddiqi J. J Neurosurg Spine. 2017 May; 26(5): 560-566. doi: 10.3171/2016.10.SPINE16560. Epub 2017 Feb 3.
- Prevalence of hepatitis B and C in patients with meningiomas and glioblastoma multiforme. Cabanne MB, Ma QD, Mecum L, Jandial R, Siddiqi J, Chen MY. Oncol Lett. 2013 Mar; 5(3): 783-786. Epub 2013 Jan 10.
- Novel animal model for Alzheimer’s Disease Research: Novel surgical technique to occlude the cribriform plate in ferrets to study neuritic plaques. Western University, Pomona, CA. PI: Dr. Dan Miulli, Dr. Doug Ethel.
- Neuren Head Injury Study: prospective, double-blind, multi-center, randomized Phase II drug trial aimed at mitigating secondary brain damage after head injury. Study funded by USA Department of Defense. Principal Investigator: Dr. Javed Siddiqi.
- Glioblastoma Multiforme and Hepatitis B and C at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, Colton, CA and City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA.
- Research Study Protocol Design: Phase II prospective clinical trial examining approaches to removal of spine tumors at City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA. PI: Dr. Mike Chen.
- Comparison of Minimally Invasive Approaches of Spine Tumor Surgery
- Research Intern Touro University – Studying the relationship between Salmonella prophage induction and bacterial genetics with different environmental influences.
- Designed Taqman PCR probes and primers for real time PCR experiments
- Helped to design experiments and write articles
Complex spine surgery fellowship
Kaiser Permanente – Oakland
Trained in Pediatric Deformity, Adult degenerative deformity including: ALIF, TLIF, XLIF, OLIF, PLIF, Cervical deformity, Intraoperative Navigation, Trauma, Endoscopic spinal procedures
Program Director – Dr. Ravi Bains
- Riverside University Health System – Moreno Valley, CA – Level II Trauma Center
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center – Colton, CA – Level II Trauma Center, Stroke Center
- Kaiser Permanente – Fontana, CA – Level II Trauma Center, Neuro-interventional Center
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles – Los Angeles, CA – Level I Trauma Center
Program Director: Dr. Javed Siddiqi, MD/Dr. Dan Miulli, DO
Trained in Skull-base approaches, Neurovascular, Pediatrics, Functional procedures, Intra-operative neuro-navigation, Trauma, Minimally invasive cranial surgery, MIS Spine, Neuro critical care.
D.O. Degree – Class of 2011 (Aug 2007 – May 2011)
B.S. – Aquatic Biology (Sept 2001 – Dec 2005)
B.A. – French
- SGA President-2008-2009 College of Osteopathic Medicine
COSGP–Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents Member
Drafted resolutions presented to the AOA House of Delegates
- Clinic Coordinator - North Vallejo Health Collaborative –Vallejo Unified School
District Elsa Widenmann Pediatric Clinic. (Aug 2008 –May 2009)
Organized and designed programsfor Touro University’s first Student - run clinic
- 2017 NASS Annual Meeting, Orlando FL: Is the Use of Multimodal Anesthesia for Post-Operative Pain Control Effective in Patients Undergoing One or Two Level Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusions with Posterior Percutaneous Pedicle Screw Instrumentation?
- 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting, Los Angeles, CA: Markedly Improved Success Rate of Endoscopically Assisted Third Ventriculostomy Is Achieved by Routine Placement of External Lumbar Drain.
- 2016 ACOS American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, Annual Clinical Assembly, Phoenix, AZ. Podium Presentation: Markedly Improved Success Rate of Endoscopically Assisted Third Ventriculostomy Is Achieved by Routine Placement of External Lumbar Drain.
- 2014 AANS American Association of Neurologic Surgeons poster presentation: Pharyngeal perforation and expectoration of entire ACDF construct: case report and review of literature.
- 2013 ACOS American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, 2013 Annual Clinical Assembly: Prevalence of hepatitis B and C in patients with meningiomas and glioblastoma multiforme
- 2008 AOA Convention Poster Presentation: The Response of the Salmonella Typhimurium Prophages to Environmental Stress
Neurosurgical Intensive Care. 2nd edition. Siddiqi, J. Thieme. New York 2017. Chapter 20 – Infections. Marc Cabanne and Dan Miulli; pages 358-387. Compressive treatment of neurologic infections.
- Sigma Sigma Phi – Member since 2008. Osteopathic Honor Service Fraternity. Requires GPA requirement of 3.4 or above and service project.
- Raised over 1000 dollars for Touro Pediatric clinic
- 2008 T.O.U.C.H. Recipient – requires 50 or more hours or community service.
- Suitcase Clinic – provided OMM treatments to the homeless population of Berkeley, CA.
- Living Bay Area – Founding member and drafted the charter for this organization which provides health information to patients via a hotline.
NASS – North American Spine Society
AANS – American Association of Neurologic Surgeons
AOA – American Osteopathic Association
ACOS – American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
SSP – Sigma Sigma Phi – Honorary osteopathic service fraternity
CNS - California Association of Neurological Surgeons
AMA – American Medical Association
CMA – California Medical Association
6620 Coyle Avenue
Carmichael, CA 95608
1580 Creekside Drive
Folsom, CA 95630